Monday, July 25, 2011

R.I.P. Amy (14 September 1983 – 23 July 2011)

  In my opinion music is the soundtrack to our lives & Amy Winehouse debut her music right at a very pivotal time in my life that's why I am truly saddened to see such a great talent go. "Back to Black" & "Frank" is always in heavy rotation at my house as i sing along out loud on a saturday morning while cleaning. Yes she has definitely joined the "27 Club" but all I can say is they must be having the concert of a lifetime in heaven. The track below was just release by another one of my fav artist M.I.A. dedicated to the late Winehouse but written well before her passing, some say the track is a little to much & to soon but i feel like its the reality of the times we are living in & Amy was such a straight forward  gal i think she really would appreciate it.



said your all mouth and no brains
all rock stars go to heaven
you said you’ll be dead at 27 seven
when we drunk in a English tavern
the owner poured you the Bourbon
and you drunk your self so rotten
so he got so rich he bought a Bentley
and moved himself to Devon

you started dirty dancing
and you bar tended a dozen
i took you to the clinic
to get you clean but you couldn’t
said in 2 days ur 27 and and ur destiny was comin
so ur papa passed so sudden
and left you with lil somin


you blew that money on a mountain of drugs
and staged your self a bed in
a month later when i popped in
your still high but the winter set in
i bought you a coffee and a muffin
and you quoted me some Lenin
i wished i was that clever
but thats what kept me coming
your friendship did mean somin
but you left me for nothin
when i left, you befriended a rope
and i saw you both were hanging

No comments:

Post a Comment